Church of St. Cwyfan
A pretty little church of medieval origin, St. Cwyfan’s stands by a steep lane climbing the slopes of the Clwydian Hills. The stocks outside the churchyard are an unusual survival, and more unusually still St. Cwyfan’s has largely escaped Victorian ‘restoration’. The exterior is rendered, the ‘bell tower’ simply a pair of pillars joined by a flagstone. The plain whitewashed Georgian interior, with curved ceiling and neat green-painted box pews, can have changed little since Cadwalader Edwards and Thomas ap Hugh, Churchwardens, proudly set their names above their new porch in 1714.
Church open daily, Easter - mid October, 10.00 am - 4.00 pm.
The grave of Foulk Jones who lived three centruies 1699-1801, Llangwyfan